[linux-lvm] more odd problems

Todd Underwood todd at osogrande.com
Mon Dec 10 12:05:02 UTC 2001

folx,

i've just discovered another problem (which was preventing me from
pvcreating one of my partitions):  fdisk seems to be confused about the
partition table:

Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 bytes

   Device Boot    Start       End    Blocks   Id  System
/dev/hda1   *         1      1020   8193118+  83  Linux
/dev/hda2          1021      3675  21326287+  8e  Linux LVM
/dev/hda3          3676      3722    377527+  82  Linux swap

Command (m for help): w
The partition table has been altered!

Calling ioctl() to re-read partition table.
Re-read table failed with error 16: Device or resource busy.
Reboot your system to ensure the partition table is updated.

WARNING: If you have created or modified any DOS 6.x
partitions, please see the fdisk manual page for additional
information.
Syncing disks.
[root at villa root]# fdisk -s /dev/hda1
8193118
[root at villa root]# fdisk -s /dev/hda2
265072
[root at villa root]# fdisk -s /dev/hda3
0

v. odd.  i believe that this is a separate problem from the one i reported
earlier, but i thought that i would mention it.

todd underwood, vp & cto
oso grande technologies, inc.
todd at osogrande.com

"Those who give up essential liberties for temporary safety deserve
neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin