[linux-lvm] invalidate: busy buffer

Todd M. Roy troy at holstein.com
Mon Dec 17 07:53:02 UTC 2001

My $0.02 ..

I never run vgscan unless I change my LVM configuration.
vgchange -a y of course must be run prior to mounting
LVM volumes.  The one caveat is that /proc must be mounted,
and if root is mounted read only, as it usually is on boot,
you have to use the -n option to mount it.

So one may find early in my slackware rc.S file:

mount -n /proc
/sbin/vgchange -a y
umount -n /proc

yes, I umount /proc so the rc.S can mount it "normally" later.

-- todd --