[linux-lvm] Removing a physical volume.

Anders Widman andewid at tnonline.net
Fri Dec 28 15:28:02 UTC 2001

Hello everyone!

I tried to look in various help-files and FAQ's but did not find a suitable guide. I have a LVM system with a few disks, and everything works fine. Now I need to remove a physical disk (to put somewhere else, in another
machine).

This is my current setup:

14 physical disks in one logical volume (share) formated with reiserfs, in one volumegroup (server). There are no free physical extents, though there are about 150GB free space in the filesystem.

I want to remove one physical disk and have all data moved over to the remaining disks.

//Anders