[linux-lvm] newbie question

James james at fr.clara.net
Sat Feb 3 08:22:08 UTC 2001

Ok, so say I have 1 36gb scsi drive, do I do a basic installation using
say 1gb or less all on the first partition or say with a boot and a /
taking up two partitions? Then when I have everything installed I create a
huge 35gb partition as LVM, create /usr /var /home etc on it and remount
everything there? Then a similar idea when using raid1?

cheers