[linux-lvm] Help! Problems finding VG after reboot.

gobo at gimle.nu gobo at gimle.nu
Tue Feb 6 23:30:06 UTC 2001

> On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 06:09:15PM -0200, Rik van Riel wrote:
> > On Tue, 6 Feb 2001, AJ Lewis wrote:
> > > The problem with your bug report on Bugzilla is that it is
> > > confusing.  You added to a bug that complained about vgscan
> > > seg-faulting.  That bug is obviously fixed.=20
> > It still segfaults ... ;)
>
> Oh, sorry.  That was not obvious from your vgscan -d dump.  Frank didn't say
> anything about a segfault either.

No, I don't get segfaults. Although it is vg_read_with_pv_and_lv() that
fails. After I tried using vgcfgrestore it doesn't find any VGs at all.

> > It's still vg_read_with_pv_and_le() that's spitting out
> > errors and causing vgscan to segfault. The error I am
> > seeing here hasn't changed in the last month...
>
> Hmm...This appears to be different from the bug posted with the subject
> "0.9.1 vgscan doesn't detect upgraded vg's" today.  Can you confirm this?

Well. In my case the VG in question was extended a little while back.
Possibly between the last reboot and this one. But it was originally
built with the 0.9.0 tools and stock 2.4.0 kernel.

BTW: Should the LVM be switched of somehow before reboot of the computer?

FrankRL
--
                                  I don't suffer from insanity.
                                    I enjoy every minute of it.