[linux-lvm] Weird corruption of volume group configuration with LVM.

Andreas Dilger adilger at turbolinux.com
Wed Feb 7 22:45:52 UTC 2001

Hans Engren writes:
> Doing a vgscan locates no volume groups what so ever.
> After doing a `vgcfgrestore -f /etc/lvmconf/mw1.conf -n mw1 /dev/<DISK>`,
> I am able to do a `vgchange -a y`, and actually mount /dev/mw1/ftpd.

I posted a patch to lvm-devel mailing list yesterday which will likely
fix this.  It will require another vgcfgrestore to be run.

> I hope you see what my problem is, otherwise, tell me what output that
> would be needed, and I'll provide it.

Try pvdata -U on your PVs and see if any of the UUIDs are missing.  If
this is the case, either use my patch, or you could also comment out
the lines in "pv_read_all_pv_of_vg" which check UUIDs.

Cheers, Andreas