[linux-lvm] online resize of ext2

Benoit SERRA bs at infologic.fr
Thu Feb 22 12:55:09 UTC 2001

Andreas Dilger wrote:

> Because the code is only used at resize time it does not affect normal
> operations, so it is OK to put into a production kernel, IMHO (although
> being the author makes me a bit biased ;-).  Any other ext2online users
> out there?

I use it on a test system, and I made a big amount of resize without any
loss of data.
Really good.
Since I didn't have any production system runnig with Linux, I can't say
if it is stable enough sorry.

Just after the release of 2.4.0 kernel, I patched it with the patch for
2.3.99 kernels and everything worked perfectly.

I only get a few rejects on Config.in, but I inserted it by hand.