[linux-lvm] Startup Script trouble in RH6.2

Terje Kvernes terjekv at math.uio.no
Thu Feb 22 17:26:33 UTC 2001

Andreas Dilger <adilger at turbolinux.com> writes:

> The faq is wrong, IMHO. The LVM startup should be done as early as
> possible. If it is in run level 3, this is "network server level",
> so far to late if you have any local LVM filesystems.

  especially when /usr happens to be a lv. due to the problems from
  the howto with the startup-scripts I've had to boot in
  single-user-mode to get stuff up at the moment, which I sadly have
  to do alot since 2.4.2-pre4 locks hard within hours of boot.

--
Terje - who finally started to run LVM after a hardware crash killed
        uptime.