[linux-lvm] XFS & 2.4.2

Jason Walker unseen at sover.net
Mon Feb 26 20:38:45 UTC 2001

I have been running XFS and reiser on LVM for oh....4 days now :)

I am running the CVS kernel (2.4.2-XFS) from SGI, and LVM tools version
0.9.  I have only had one problem, and that was copying large amounts of
data to the LVM off my old hard drive.  My box would lock up after about
1/2 through it. I couldn't determine the cause of this.  I moved several
partition jsut fine to LVM, several GB each time, but that one fought me.
In addition, I didn't know if it was LVM, 2.4.2, XFS or reiser (I have a
reiser volume on LVM, I *thought* I heard there were issues with that.  not
sure)  That is my expirience.  other than that, I have had no problems.  I
hope your transition goes smoothly.

RegEx