[linux-lvm] LVM and *bad* performance (no striping)

Joe Thornber joe at 66bassett.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Feb 26 20:39:33 UTC 2001

On Mon, Feb 26, 2001 at 04:44:34PM +0100, Urs Thuermann wrote:
> I tried to use LVM today using Linux 2.4.2 and it mostly works like I
> expected.  But the performance is unacceptably bad:

Every now and then someone posts to the list claiming LVM performance
is really bad.  We go off and try it and find the overhead is
typically less than 1%.

Normally people are trying to stripe to two partitions on the same
device, but you aren't.

Is any one else on the list seeing a similar performance hit ?

- Joe