[linux-lvm] Possible to raise Max LV?

Jay Weber jweber at valinux.com
Tue Feb 27 19:18:49 UTC 2001

I gather 4M was just a default starting point.  I personally use 64M so I
can theoretically grow to at least 2TB in the future or beyond even. :)

I have several JBODs in the back that are 500G each and ideally I'd like
to merge a few together and hit 1TB and 2TB filesystems when the time is
right.

I've seen no real difference in performance regarding the PE size myself,
granted large PE's means larger chunks of allocation when you're adding
PE's to a LV, etc.