[linux-lvm] vgcfgrestore bug followup

Brad Corsello bcorsello at usa.net
Sun Jan 7 21:23:50 UTC 2001

Following up on my own post, I seem to have solved my problem by editing the
vg data in the first physical volume with a hex editor, adding the uuid of the
second PV where it was supposed to be.  Once I did that, vgscan ran
successfully and found the volume group.  But I think this just proves
vgcfgrestore is not restoring the uuid list to disk properly.

(But then I pushed my luck and tried doing vgextends.  After adding three PVs,
vgscan started to throw up with a weird error:  vg_read_with_pv_and_lv():
allocated LE of LV" can't get data of volume group "vg1" from physical
volume(s).  I don't know if this is related to the vgcfgrestore problem or
not.)