[linux-lvm] how can I init LVM on software RAID ?

Jürgen Frank jfrank at lxco.com
Fri Jan 12 11:03:45 UTC 2001

Hi !!

I want to create the following system :

I use the new kernel (2.4) and I want to use the software raid and the
lvm,
but my problem is... how ?

I can't find a step by step documentation and all what I try don't work.

So what did I done :

* create a mirror system with software raid (last version), after this
  step I have a good raid system with the drive /dev/md0

* normally now I need to create a partition on the drive , but I read in
the raid docu that the md-drives don't support partitions !!!

But, without a partiton of the type 0x8e I can't run vgscan and
pvcreate...

So, can anyone help me ?!

Juergen

(sorry for the bad english)