[linux-lvm] how can I init LVM on software RAID ?

Jürgen Frank jfrank at lxco.com
Tue Jan 16 07:16:15 UTC 2001

Hi everyone, Hi Chris

ok, I think I have a little solution for my problem with the LVM over
SoftwareRaid. It's seems to
work with the new beta version (sorry I don't try the patch for the
0.9).
So we have only one little problem, if we boot our system the raid1
(mirror)-system don't start correctly.
(on off the mirror disk isn't running). In that case the lvm don't start
too !?

But I think that's more a problem of the SoftwareRaid , possible it's a
hardware failure of the disk or the disk have a very high startup time.
But I don't understand why lvm don't startup, normally this is a
transparenc fault , or ?

byebye Juergen