[linux-lvm] unable to import vg in 2.4.1pre7

Gustavo Zacarias gustavo at zacarias.com.ar
Wed Jan 17 11:38:38 UTC 2001

Joakim Recht wrote:

> I wanted to upgrade from 2.4.0pre13 to 2.4.1pre7, so I vgexported my vg,
> rebooted, installed new tools and tried to vgimport the volume, but this
> just gives me this error:
>
> vgimport -- ERROR: couldn't create VGDA for imported volume group
> "volgroups" in kernel
>
> I've used the 0.9.1beta1 tools from cvs and the patch 2.4.1pre7 patch
> posted here earlier today. Any solution to this?

Sorry Sorry Sorry!
Actually the patch i made up, which is a total hack and shouldn't
trust for more than testing, is based on 0.9 with fixes from cvs.
Remember, it's NOT offical, and certainly NOT from the LVM people.
Mea culpa: this happens when i lack caffeine during long periods
of code tweaking...

--
Gustavo Zacarias - Yahoo! ID "qarnage"
Yahoo! Argentina - http://www.yahoo.com.ar