[linux-lvm] More probs 2.4.0 / 0.9.1beta2

Jay Weber jweber at valinux.com
Fri Jan 19 16:55:27 UTC 2001

Loop isn't seen by the lvm utils since it looks in /proc/partitions for
the devices which it will scan.  I posted a patch a while back regarding
adding a LVM_FORCE_DEV_SCAN exported variable to force it to scan your
/dev directory and hence find the loop device.  I'll forward it your way
or you can check the lvm-devel archive, it was a rather recent posting.