[linux-lvm] New dumb question

Andreas Dilger adilger at turbolinux.com
Tue Jan 23 16:47:53 UTC 2001

Benoit SERRA wrote:
> I build it into the kernel with the 2940 driver, reiserfs and the
> software raid (I don't like to have critical drivers as modules)
>
> Stripped LV and NonStripped LVs reported the same bonnie++ result. Is it
> normal ?

It would be a help to LVM users if you could do some simple performance
testing with different LVM stipe sizes.  With larger stripe sizes (64kB
or so) you will likely get better sequential read/write performance, but I
don't think the stripe size will affect random read/write performance.

Cheers, Andreas