[linux-lvm] prepatched kernels?

Jay Weber jweber at valinux.com
Fri Jan 26 11:16:38 UTC 2001

You can try <ftp://ftp.valinux.com/pub/kernel/2.2.18-pre11-va1.8-beta>
which contains tarballs, rpms, and debs of a 2.2.18 kernel with loads of
patches including LVM 0.9.1beta1 and ext3 0.0.5e plus LFS (for largefiles)
and multitudes of others.

This is a beta kernel from VA which is avail on their ftp site, it comes
with no warranties I gather and is use at your own risk.  I use it myself
though, if that makes you feel any better. :)

As far as a ext2 filesystem resizer I use resize2fs which became
available in either e2fstools 1.18 or 1.19 which is avail from sourceforge
(just search for ext2 or e2fs).