[linux-lvm] vgcreate

Joe Morris heartboy at nycap.rr.com
Tue Jul 3 13:38:22 UTC 2001

On Monday 02 July 2001 10:14 pm, you wrote:
> Can you run vgcreate -v volname /dev/hde11, and give more verbose output?
> also, some disks, after setting the type, you may actually need to reboot
> so the kernel recognizes it properly. It could also be that it's an logical
> drive on an extended partition too.

Well, while experimenting last night, I was able to create a volume group
with and earlier version lvm (I think beta2), so I believe it is a bug in
beta7.  Oh, and one more thing, last night I created a volume group of 10
gigs.  I made 2 logical volumes of around 5 gigs apiece formatted with
reiserfs.  I then reduced the second volume by 500M and extended the first
one by 500M.  But when I ran resize_reiserfs on the first one, I got and
error that the first one was too small.  What is going on?  Thanks!
Joe