[linux-lvm] Book chapter

Rik van Riel riel at conectiva.com.br
Fri Jul 6 20:23:54 UTC 2001

On Thu, 5 Jul 2001, Moshe Bar wrote:

> I am writing a chapter about LVM in my book. I would like to
> know more about the internal data structures and the
> algorithms used.
>
> Can you tell me more about them (next to what is in the
> source code) or point me to some document about the
> internals of LVM (interaction with VFS, etc.).

It's a block device layer thing, so it doesn't interact
with the VFS. What the LVM layer _seems_ to do is simply
remap an IO request to the device it's supposed to go to
and let the request get into the IO layer again...

(then again, I could be wrong here, the LVM code isn't
the easiest to wade through)

Rik
--
Executive summary of a recent Microsoft press release:
   "we are concerned about the GNU General Public License (GPL)"

		http://www.surriel.com/
http://www.conectiva.com/	http://distro.conectiva.com/