[linux-lvm] Weird UUIDs

Patrick Boutilier boutilpj at ednet.ns.ca
Tue Jul 17 12:23:23 UTC 2001

I tried running pvdata -U on one of my LVM servers and it segfaulted
(LVM driver version 0.9.1_beta6). Check out the UUIDs. Everything is
working OK but I wonder if this is a serious problem or not? This is a
single physical volume LVM running on top of hardware RAID 5.

pvdata -Uvv /dev/sda7

pvdata -- reading physical volume data from disk
pvdata -- reading volume group data from disk
--- List of physical volume UUIDs ---

Segmentation fault

pvdata /dev/sda7

--- Physical volume ---
PV Name               /dev/sda7
VG Name               data_vg
PV Size               133.36 GB / NOT usable 321 KB [LVM: 255 KB]
PV#                   1
PV Status             available
Allocatable           yes
Cur LV                6
PE Size (KByte)       4096
Total PE              34140
Free PE               7015
Allocated PE          27125
PV UUID               /dev/s-da7

--- Volume group ---
VG Name
VG Access             read/write
VG Status             NOT available/resizable
VG #                  0
MAX LV                256
Cur LV                6
Open LV               0
MAX LV Size           255.99 GB
Max PV                256
Cur PV                1
Act PV                1
VG Size               133.36 GB
PE Size               4 MB
Total PE              34140
Alloc PE / Size       27125 / 105.96 GB
Free  PE / Size       7015 / 27.4 GB
VG UUID               data_v-g

--- List of logical volumes ---

pvdata -- logical volume "/dev/data_vg/home_lv" at offset   0
pvdata -- logical volume "/dev/data_vg/var_lv" at offset   1
pvdata -- logical volume "/dev/data_vg/usr_lv" at offset   2
pvdata -- logical volume "/dev/data_vg/news_lv" at offset   3
pvdata -- logical volume "/dev/data_vg/test_lv" at offset   4
pvdata -- logical volume "/dev/data_vg/its_lv" at offset   5
pvdata -- logical volume struct at offset   6 is empty

vgdisplay

--- Volume group ---
VG Name               data_vg
VG Access             read/write
VG Status             available/resizable
VG #                  0
MAX LV                256
Cur LV                6
Open LV               5