[linux-lvm] Weird UUIDs

Patrick Boutilier boutilpj at ednet.ns.ca
Tue Jul 17 13:21:33 UTC 2001

Heinz,

I created and them removed a small LV and now the UUIDs look more
familiar. :-) Thanks.

pvdata /dev/sda7

--- Physical volume ---
PV Name               /dev/sda7
VG Name               data_vg
PV Size               133.36 GB / NOT usable 321 KB [LVM: 255 KB]
PV#                   1
PV Status             available
Allocatable           yes
Cur LV                6
PE Size (KByte)       4096
Total PE              34140
Free PE               7015
Allocated PE          27125
PV UUID               C4Txkv-FIqY-RKJ4-OEoo-cTWc-LqZb-wFDBH0

--- Volume group ---
VG Name
VG Access             read/write
VG Status             NOT available/resizable
VG #                  0
MAX LV                256
Cur LV                6
Open LV               0
MAX LV Size           255.99 GB
Max PV                256
Cur PV                1
Act PV                1
VG Size               133.36 GB
PE Size               4 MB
Total PE              34140
Alloc PE / Size       27125 / 105.96 GB
Free  PE / Size       7015 / 27.4 GB
VG UUID               XXUlZt-SdDC-3who-JMDC-13P1-adqU-MKgQrv