[linux-lvm] Upgrade to 0.9.1b8 went ok but....

Dave Alden alden at math.ohio-state.edu
Thu Jul 26 12:16:33 UTC 2001

Hi,

  Are you aware that the XFS folks modified LVM to work with XFS (something
about a new ioctl or such)?  They state that if you install the latest
patches, you'll back out the XFS-specific changes which can cause you to
lose your XFS filesystem.  For more info, see the thread with a subject
of "When LVM-0.9.1beta7 will be merged to XFS cvs tree?" from:

http://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/mail_archive/0107/threads.html#00127

My understanding is that this applies to any LVM patches (including the beta8
patches).

...dave alden