[linux-lvm] beta7 help

Pierre Lamb plamb_98 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 29 02:40:31 UTC 2001

I recomplied my kernel to include lvm modules
(2.4.3-12), added the items to modules.conf and
included vgscan and vgchange -ay into my rc.sysinit
(located just before the line "mounting other
filesystems"). The log files sate that lvm loaded OK,
/proc/lvm is there, but no data in there, vgscan show
it ran and created the file/dirs but not populated.

If I run thise same commands after logging-in they run
properly and all works.

Why wouldn't it run during boot-up????

Pierre