[linux-lvm] Some ideas regarding snapshots (was: Reiserfs, 2. 4.7, snapshots w/ 0.9)

Joe Thornber thornber at btconnect.com
Mon Jul 30 09:47:12 UTC 2001

On Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 10:22:06AM -0700, Dale Stephenson wrote:
> Joe Thornber wrote:
> > Writeable snapshot's are easy to implement, I believe someone has
> > already made a patch for the current LVM series (search the list).  I
> > certainly intend putting it into the experimental LVM branch soon.
> >
> > - Joe
>
> I haven't tried to apply it with beta8, but this is the writeable snapshot
> patch I used for beta7:
> (All I've used it for is replays and UUID changes, so YMMV.)

Thanks for posting this Dale, a short patch that adds a lot of
functionality!  The reason I'm holding off applying this patch is that
I have a new asnyc. snapshot driver that is waiting to drop into
experimental soon.  For the moment I've removed snapshots and pvmove
from the experimental branch.

- Joe