[linux-lvm] Migrating to an LVM system (boot/root) disk

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Mon Jun 4 23:15:54 UTC 2001

AJ Lewis wrote:
[]
> Hmm...I put 'sed' in the debian package wrapper scripts since Debian put's
> basename in /usr/bin and if you don't use an initrd script and you have your
> /usr partition on LVM, you can't use the wrapper...
>
> Is there an easy way we can work around this?  Maybe hack up the
> create_initrd script a bit more?  I can just adjust it in the debian
> packages too i guess.

So basename also should be placed to initrd? ;)  I think that
problem should be resolved at a first place (in mkinitrd), not
by putting numerous workarounds all other the place.
BTW, bash have nice construct ${var##*/} to be used instead of
basename, and it works *much* faster (also ${var%/*} for dirname
etc).

Regards,
 Michael.