[linux-lvm] Migrating to an LVM system (boot/root) disk

Andreas Dilger adilger at turbolinux.com
Tue Jun 5 17:55:20 UTC 2001

Michael writes:
> So basename also should be placed to initrd? ;)  I think that
> problem should be resolved at a first place (in mkinitrd), not
> by putting numerous workarounds all other the place.
> BTW, bash have nice construct ${var##*/} to be used instead of
> basename, and it works *much* faster (also ${var%/*} for dirname etc).

I tried this in my lvm-wrapper and it works fine, but on my system /bin/sh
is /bin/bash.  This also works with /bin/zsh, but doesn't work with /bin/ash.

One issue is how to get this fix out.  Since the lvm-wrapper is not part
of the LVM tools itself, it is up to vendors to read this email and fix
it...

Cheers, Andreas