[linux-lvm] Switching one of my disks to hdc from hdb

Peter Kirk pwk.linuxfan at gmx.de
Wed Jun 6 21:46:59 UTC 2001

Am Mittwoch,  6. Juni 2001 23:26 schrieben Sie:
> On Wed, Jun 06 '01 at 21:06, Peter Kirk wrote:
> > since some of you told me my Setup with two stripped disks on hda and hdb
> > was broken, I would like to put my second disk (/dev/hdb) on the second
> > Controler (/dev/hdc) instead of my DVD Drive. Now my question is: What do
> > I have to change, in order not to distroy my linux installation in the
> > process ??
>
> Well, as I don't know your current configuration to well, it's just
> pocking in the dark ...
Here it comes:
I have two disks, currently on hda and hdb.
hda:
10MB of /boot
1GB for SWAP
the lot (18GB) in LV with hdb

hdb:
19GB in LV with hda

The LV with 18GB+18GB has
{
	/
	/usr
	/home
	all of these are stripped, so they are like raid0 (or should be)
	/home/stuff is not stripped, because it is on hdb where hda has boot and swap
}
pwk at notch:~/transcendent/mki/unstable > cat /proc/lvm/global
LVM driver version 0.9.1_beta2 (18/01/2001)

Total:  1 VG  2 PVs  4 LVs (4 LVs open 4 times)

Global: 157993 bytes malloced   IOP version: 10   9:21:48 active

VG:  raid  [2 PV, 4 LV/4 open]  PE Size: 4096 KB
  Usage [KB/PE]: 38973440 /9515 total  38973440 /9515 used  0 /0 free
  PVs: [AA] hda3                  18964480 /4630    18964480 /4630
0 /0
       [AA] hdb                   20008960 /4885    20008960 /4885
0 /0
    LVs: [AWDS2 ] user                      26214400 /6400     1x open
         [AWDS2 ] home                       6291456 /1536     1x open
         [AWDS2 ] root                       5382144 /1314     1x open
         [AWDL  ] stuff                      1085440 /265      1x open

On hdc and hdd I currently have my DVD Drive, and my CD burner.

PS: Please try and keep your answer simple, as I am not very well skilled
concerning LVM, allthough I am confident about my general Linux skills.