[linux-lvm] LVM problems

Ed Tomlinson tomlins at cam.org
Wed Jun 20 01:11:23 UTC 2001

On Tuesday 19 June 2001 17:19, AJ Lewis wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 19, 2001 at 02:28:05PM -0500, Gonyou, Austin wrote:
> > Why in the hell is this NOT in the source tree by default. This has
> > really got be boggled. I've seen tons of others have this proble, I've
> > had this problem, and still it doesn't seem to get itself into the tree.
> > Is this because it is a temporary problem or something?
>
> It *is* in the source tree by default.  It is in the CVS.  It is not in
> LVM 0.9.1 Beta7 because LVM 0.9.1 Beta7 was released before linux 2.4.4,
> which is when the problem surfaced.  We have not had a release since then,
> so it is not in the latest release.
>
> You can now grab the patch and apply it to beta7, which fixes the problem,
> or you can use the CVS repository.  I really don't know what else you
> expect us to do.

Actually getting the up-to-date lvm in the kernel would be nice.  Last time
I asked 2.4.<x>-ac<y> was about half way there.  What is happening?  Have the cvs
procedures been modified to enable producing Linus friendly patches?  When
can we expect a kernel with a current lvm?

Please read the above as just as a request for info.  LVM is working ok here.
Its just a bit of a pita to have to patch everything every time I rebuild a
tree...

TIA,
Ed Tomlinson <tomlins at cam.org>