[linux-lvm] Re: another nice feature for packagers ...

Steven Lembark lembark at wrkhors.com
Thu Jun 21 02:29:05 UTC 2001

>> It would be nice if --prefix worked consistently for the new release.
>> Until some final kinks in devfs get worked over keeping the VG's out of
>> /dev without having to hack the source code would be helpful.
>
> Care to explain further?  I don't know what you're talking about here.
> --prefix works fine for me in all cases.

Try:

	./configure --prefix=/lvm;

build and install everything.  Notice where the vgXX directories go:  /dev,
not /lvm.  None of the configure switches (last time I compiled) were able
to keep the vg's out of devfs's clutches w/o hacking a #define in the code.
As a temporary fix until all the devfs glitches are worked out (some not lvm
related) it'd be nice to avoid problems.