[linux-lvm] Problem installing lvm

Johann Spies jspies at maties.sun.ac.za
Thu Jun 28 16:18:10 UTC 2001

I am trying to install lvm_0.9.1_beta7 on a machine with a 2.4.5
kernel.

After following the instructions in LVM/0.9.1_beta7/PATCHES/README a
patch was created: lvm-0.9.1_beta7-2.4.5.patch

I patched the kernel with it and then tried to recompile the kernel.
The process ended with:
------------------------
/usr/src/linux/arch/i386/lib/lib.a /usr/src/linux/lib/lib.a
/usr/src/linux/arch/i386/lib/lib.a \
        --end-group \
        -o vmlinux
drivers/md/mddev.o: In function `__update_hardblocksize':
drivers/md/mddev.o(.text+0xcec1): undefined reference to `get_hardblocksize'
drivers/md/mddev.o(.text+0xcf0d): undefined reference to `get_hardblocksize'
make: *** [vmlinux] Error 1

I hope you can help me to get this right.

Regards.

Johann
--
Johann Spies
Informasietegnologie

     "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath
      anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath
      sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach
      deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight
      to the blind, to set at liberty them that are
      bruised..."         Luke 4:18