[linux-lvm] NFS

Terje Kvernes terjekv at math.uio.no
Fri Mar 2 17:16:31 UTC 2001

"Eric M. Hopper" <hopper at omnifarious.mn.org> writes:

> Reiserfs needs to generate some kind of 'position' cookie that can
> be used to refind the spot in the directory that NFS was scanning. I
> think the position cookie has to increase as more entries are read,
> but I'm not sure. NFS is stateless, so this position cookie has to
> work for some indeterminate amount of time.

  now this... I'm not saying anything about the way it's been done...
  but I am exporting three reiserfs-filesystems (all inside a VG by
  the way :) to my local network. the _only_ issue I have had now and
  then are stale NFS-messages. but I've had those on a ext2-system as
  well. I think it's an issue with a loaded and _slow_ IDE disk. or at
  least so it seems.

> Have fun (if at all possible),

  oh, we do try. :)

--