[linux-lvm] Problems with vgscan

Andreas Dilger adilger at turbolinux.com
Mon Mar 12 18:25:08 UTC 2001

Lukasz Tribinski writes:
> I'm posting patched pv_read_all_pv_of_vg.c, too verify it.

Not related to the problem, AFAICS.

> OK. There is gzipped output from vgscan -v -d

It looks like it is not able to find LEs which are assigned to this LV.

What version of tools do you have?  It appears that with all of the
"lvm_add_dir_cache" calls you have an old version (this was fixed a few
weeks ago).  Maybe you should try the tools from CVS.

It appears you have two PVs - hdg1 and hdh1, correct?  Other than that,
I can't see what is missing.  Maybe "pvdata -a /dev/hd[gh]1" will help.
It will be long again (you have 16k+ LEs there), but it should show the
LE numbers on both PVs.

Cheers, Andreas