[linux-lvm] e2fsck on logical volume?

hail narcissus gene_yee at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 12 19:07:22 UTC 2001

I asked a similar question a little while back and was told all I can run is
vgck.  So I just ignored the warning message on bootup:

EXT2-fs warning: mounting unchecked fs, running e2fsck is recommended

Well I've extended my Logical Volume and I was just about done.  Until  I
tried to run 'ext2resize'.  It gives me a warning message about problems
with my EXT2 partition and to run e2fsck.

I figure I can do a force with ex2resize or I can run umount my volume and
run e2fsck.  Me not being all that bold with 500 gigs of data that hasn't
been backed up, I have done neither.

I would think the best thing would be to umount my volume and run e2fsck,
but I don't know if that is going to destroy my logical volume or if it is
all compatible.

Thanks!!