[linux-lvm] Changing device numbers.

Terje Kvernes terjekv at math.uio.no
Tue Mar 13 20:44:18 UTC 2001

"Bas" <list at showme.wox.org> writes:

> Because since I removed a couple of LVs and created a few, lilo
> seems to have some trouble when it's told that
> root=/dev/rootvg/root. (this number has changed).

  and rerunning lilo doesn't help? if it doesn't you could try playing
  with the "disk"-settings in lilo?

> Plus I think it looks a lot "nicer" ...

  yes, well, you have to break a few eggs to make an omelet. or
  something. YMMV.

--
Terje - who has / as a normal partition mostly because he got a new
        disk to install LVM on, and didn't bother moving /.