[linux-lvm] linux lvm iop version?

SOETE Joël JSO at EUROPAY.COM
Wed Mar 14 13:09:59 UTC 2001

Hello all,

In my present position, I am in use to manage HP-UX server with LVM.
Also I would like to implement a woody Debian on "full" LVM spare disk.

But it seems that it is not absolutely possible because we need at least a
small slice (partition) for /boot fs. Am I right?

Then I have a look into 'lvmcreate_initrd' and found the option '-i'
specifying LVM IOP version.
I do not found any explanation on what IOP is.
Is someone can advise me about this (is it for special material? what are
its advantage?...) or where can I found those information (I already have a
look into LVM HOWTO maintained by AJ Lewis but there is not mention of IOP)?

Thanks in advance for information,
	Joel

This e-mail and any attachments to it may contain confidential information which is strictly intended for the use of the authorised recipient.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please delete it and notify the sender by replying to this e-mail.
Thank you for your co-operation.