[linux-lvm] vgscan ERROR

Ed Tomlinson tomlins at cam.org
Fri Mar 23 02:37:14 UTC 2001

Hi,

This was solved by manually enabling the vg from a backup

I used vgcfgrestore -ll -n lv -f ./lv.conf to verify the backup

and restoring the vg with (as in an archived email from Heinz)

cp lv.conf /etc/lvmtab.d/lv
echo -ne 'lv\0' > /etc/lvmtab
vgchange -ay

It seems that with beta-2 adding a pv causes problems...  Upgrading both
the kernel and tools to beta6 corrected the bug (with the VFS patch for
reiserfs snapshots).

Thanks
Ed Tomlinson