[linux-lvm] LVM on top of Software Raid

Luca Berra bluca at comedia.it
Mon Mar 26 06:48:57 UTC 2001

On Mon, Mar 26, 2001 at 08:29:11AM +0200, Michael Burschik wrote:
> Is it possible to use multiple devices as physical volumes? The problem here seems to be related to the "partition ID" of the multiple devices. If it is possible, how do I do it? If it is not, are there any plans to fix it?
it is possible,
there is no partition id issue, you are most probably using outdated tools.
just grab the latest lvm_tools from www.sistina.com
mkraid your md device, pvcreate it and you are done.

Note: if md=raid5 you must be careful that every filesystem on it must have
the same blocksize.

L.
Luca Berra -- bluca at comedia.it
        Communication Media & Services S.r.l.