[linux-lvm] safe to ru-run vgscan after mounting LV root?

Jay Sissom jsissom at indiana.edu
Thu Mar 29 14:46:01 UTC 2001

Nope, I am running kernel 2.4.2 with the beta6 patch and the beta6
utilities.

This started after I resized a LV.  The answer from this list was, "don't
run vgscan".  Now people on the list say you can run it as many times as
you like.  If I run it once, all my LV's are gone.  I'd like to figure out
what the problem is, but don't know where to start looking.