[linux-lvm] LVM-i2o problem

Luca Berra bluca at comedia.it
Wed May 9 17:45:22 UTC 2001

add
#ifdef I2O_MAJOR
I2O_MAJOR,
#endif

at the end of valid_majors[] just above the -1 in
tools/lib/lvm_check_partitioned_dev.c

add

"/dev/i2o" (above the NULL) to devdir[]
in tools/lib/lvm_dir_cache.c

if there are still problems you should check with lvmdiskscan -d
and/or pvcreate -d

to see where it fails,
then submit either a bug report with those two output or a patch that
adds i2o support to lvm :)

On Wed, May 09, 2001 at 05:15:25PM +0200, Christian Verdelli wrote:
> Dear friends,
>
> we have been trying to install LVM on a
> Linux system running a i20 RAID volume.
>
> After having configured and installed LVM binaries,
> we receive the following error message when creating
> a physical volume:
>
> ./pvcreate /dev/i2o/hda2
> pvcreate --- invalid physical volume name  "/dev/i2o/hda2"
>

> After having consulted the archives we have tried to modify
> the configuration files lvm_dir_cache.c & lvm_check_dev.c
> lvm_check_partition.c.
>
> Unfortunately we cannot make out precisely what has to be done,
> could someone please explain us how to make these changes?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

> Verdelli Christian
>
> ZEROPIU SpA
> via Melzi d'Eril, 26 - 20154 Milano
> ITALY
> Tel: +39-02-34530018 - Fax: +39-02-34532148
>
> e-mail: christian.verdelli at zeropiu.it
> homepage: http://www.zeropiu.com

> Unrecognized switch: -
  (-h will show valid options).