[linux-lvm] Working together

Mark Peloquin markpeloquin at usa.net
Sat May 19 19:54:40 UTC 2001

On Sat, 19 May 2001 11:37:54 -0500, Matt O'Keefe wrote:
> On Fri, May 18, 2001 at 09:01:49AM -0500, Mark Peloquin wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> >

> > > Why should Linux LVM join the EVMS project ?
> >
> > The EVMS project can offer some immediate solutions to current Linux > >
LVM issues.

> > - EVMS supports in-kernel reading/writing of metadata
> >
> > - EVMS supports in-kernel discovery of volume groups and volumes
> >

> Hi,
> does the EVMS code work in production today?

Can you rephrase the phrase "work in production" pls? I could draw
more than one possible interpretations from this and want to reply
to the your real question.

Are you asking if EVMS is in use by any company/business on
system used in a production environment (i.e. 24x7)?

Or are you asking if the EVMS code available on our website
today works?

> If not, then saying
> it "can offer some immediate solutions to current Linux LVM issues"
> is inaccurate. That said, its great to see another alternative
> LVM appearing on the horizon for Linux.

Mark Peloquin