[linux-lvm] Problem deleteing PV's

Kevin M Corry corryk at us.ibm.com
Thu May 24 18:35:52 UTC 2001

Well, the first thing I would try is increasing to "count=1000" or 10000. I
just did that on my machine with my test group. The VG TestGroup contained
a single PV /dev/hdb1. I did "dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hdb1 bs=1k
count=10000",
then reran pvscan, and that PV was gone from the listing. Then I ran
vgscan,
and TestGroup was gone. Then it was just a matter of removing the directory
in /dev for that group. If increasing the count in dd doesn't work, I'm not
sure what else to suggest.

-Kevin