[linux-lvm] Symbol not found when pvcreating...

David Vidal Rodriguez vidalrod at informatik.tu-muenchen.de
Fri May 25 15:38:36 UTC 2001

Hi (again)!
When running the CVS version of kernel+tools, the pvcreate utility
requests the following symbol that apparently isn't present in the
liblvm-10.so.0 library:
int pv_check_partitioned_whole(char *pv_name)

(Error loading shared libraries... blahblah)
An older version of pvcreate (I'm no sure if beta6 or less) does the job
correctly.
Do I have to change anything in the sources in order to get it working?

Another --developer-- question:
I've looked at the LVM code and a structure called partition, #include'd
from <linux/genhd.h>, which contains the relevant information of a
partition. What I don't understand is how to get this information from
the kernel/drive (syscall, ioctl???). I'd be glad if somebody explained
that to me briefly.

Thanks!