[linux-lvm] snapshot questions

Brent Harding bharding at doorpi.net
Fri Nov 2 13:59:01 UTC 2001

The only real issue with snapshots is needing a partition reserved for it,
as you get more and more data, this gets difficult, once half the hard disk
is full, you can't copy any more. I'd say it sounds easier to just use
whatever backup program with cron to execute late at night, maybe after
midnight, depends how far backup is when a file changes, it'll get included
if it wasn't backed up yet, otherwise if you change something the system
already backed up, it gets done on the next run.