[linux-lvm] lvm-1.0.1-rc4 and 2.4.13

Paul Dickson dickson at permanentmail.com
Sat Nov 3 04:21:02 UTC 2001

On Mon, 29 Oct 2001 08:44:24 +0000, Patrick Caulfield wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 26, 2001 at 09:30:05PM +0200, Ulrich Wiederhold wrote:
> > * Patrick Caulfield <caulfield at sistina.com> [011026 10:56]:
> > > On Fri, Oct 26, 2001 at 12:54:05AM +0200, Ulrich Wiederhold wrote:
> >
> > Two questions:
> > 1. Why isn´t lvm-1.0.1-rc4 in the current Linux-Kernel? Why do I still
> > need to patch? I think this version is already stable and better than
> > the older one, isn´t it?
>
> It just isn't :-( we've submitted (most of) it to Alan Cox and his kernel is
> *much* more up-to-date than Linus'. I don't know just why the patches haven't
> been accepted by Linus. He is apparently happy to completely replace the VM but
> won't fix some fairly serious bugs elsewhere...bizarre.

Did Linus say why?

I ask this because Linus' submission policy is that you send patches to
him repeatedly (ever two or three weeks) until he acknowledges them.
Linus frequently gets behind in his E-mail, so he just deletes everything
he hasn't seen.

I have included below a message from Linus which I saved about sending
patches to him.

	-Paul