[linux-lvm] LVM on RAID-Multipath issues

Marc Grimme grimme at atix.de
Fri Nov 16 07:14:01 UTC 2001

Hi all,
I have got another problem with LVM and the SoftRAID-package. I use the
multipath option. And after some work it is running without LVM. But now I
want to create a logical volume on a md-device say /dev/md0. Whenever I
load the FC/SCSI-HBA driver it detects to SCSI-devices which are the same
and that's what I want. I also finally succeeded on creating a physical
volume on the md-device. But when I then call vgscan it dumps with a
segfault. And it always dumps when I have to paths to the same device and
two devicefiles to the same physical hdd (say /dev/sda and /dev/sdb).
Is that OK?
And is there a possibility to get this configuration going??
Any help would be appreciated.
I attached the debug-output of vgscan -d, if anybody is interested... :-)
--

Gruss/Regards,

Marc Grimme

**
ATIX - Gesellschaft für Informationstechnologie und Consulting mbH
Einsteinstrasse 10
D-85716 Unterschleissheim
Tel.: +49-89 31 78 7 42 4
http://www.atix.de/            http://www.san-time.org/