[linux-lvm] badiane: ERROR: can't remove volume

gdurand at tekmd.com gdurand at tekmd.com
Sun Nov 18 02:40:02 UTC 2001

group "Usrlocal" with 1 logical volume.

I was mounting this device on a mount point and it froze.  There was no way
for me to kill it. When I rebooted the system I recieve this error and there
was also an interminable column of invalidate: busy buffer.

Here is the vgdisplay for that group:
[03:34:13] damballah:~# vgdisplay -D Usrlocal
--- Volume group ---
VG Name               Usrlocal
VG Access             read/write
VG Status             NOT available/resizable
VG #                  8
MAX LV                255
Cur LV                1
Open LV               0
MAX LV Size           255.99 GB
Max PV                255
Cur PV                1
Act PV                1
VG Size               1.11 GB
PE Size               4.00 MB
Total PE              285
Alloc PE / Size       150 / 600.00 MB
Free  PE / Size       135 / 540.00 MB
VG UUID               Lrp1LZ-tEqX-IoUu-Eysp-N7GR-A8ZL-rKf37v

I'm using 1.0.1-rc4.  There were not problems with compilation or anything.

So any and all help would be appreciated.

Badiane