[linux-lvm] 3Ware [OT] (was: Logical Volume max-size?)

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Mon Nov 19 13:02:02 UTC 2001

Hi Benjamin!

Benjamin Scott wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Nov 2001, Goetz Bock wrote:
> > I figured this out the hard way. I asked some 3ware person whether I
> > could use a 6800 as a RAID5 controller and was told, that it would work
> > fine.

We use this here with Linux and RAID5. In fact, we first installed the
newest firmware, which is necessary AFAIK with RAID5. And you shouldn't
expect too much speed, RAID5-writing is not very fast with this IDE
RAID. As the IDE-array is only the backup of our SCSI-fileserver, we are
not to worried about write-speed here (we use rsync, so only changes are
written to the array - and in case that we have to restore, the
read-performance is good).

CU, Lars.