[linux-lvm] LAZY MODE: Exchanging a LVM'ed disk

Turbo Fredriksson turbo at bayour.com
Tue Nov 20 05:24:02 UTC 2001

I currently have a disk in my LVM set which is only 1Gb. It's also quite old,
so I'd like to replace that with a newer/bigger one..

How would I go about doing this?

        1. Add the new disk at the end of the LVM
        2. Extend the filesystem
        3. Move the data from the old disk to the new
        4. Remove the old disk

Is this about right? Or is there a simpler/faster way?

Bare in mind that all the SCSI id's will change when i remove the old disk,
will that complicate issues?

--
 Turbo     __ _     Debian GNU     Unix _IS_ user friendly - it's just
 ^^^^^    / /(_)_ __  _   ___  __  selective about who its friends are
  _ /// / /__| | | | | |_| |>  <  Turbo Fredriksson   turbo at bayour.com
  \\\/  \____/_|_| |_|\__,_/_/\_\         Gothenburg/Sweden

domestic disruption ammonium Cocaine FSF quiche 747 FBI terrorist
Serbian smuggle Noriega Panama Treasury Qaddafi kibo