[linux-lvm] DevFS + LVM, problems with PVs

Steve Wray steve.wray at the.net.nz
Wed Nov 28 01:54:02 UTC 2001

This is really interesting, and a bit disconcerting.
I often work with mandrake, and 8.1 has devfs by
default.
I was thinking of reinstalling my server from 8.0
to 8.1 and I use LVM extensively (not for root).
I'd rather just migrate the logical volumes over
to the new system than restore it all from backup...

As I recall there was a post from someone else on
this list who was running mandrake 8.1, I wonder if
they've been ok so far?